Our boy Contakt sat down with rabble rousers Truants for an interview about everything from our party to Scotch Whiskey.
Oh and he also turned in the 72nd Truancy Volume. Get ready, It’s a bruiser!
You can read the full interview and cop the mix here.
Before their gig at Boston’s Make It New in January, Space Jam and C-Sick chatted with local blog Beantown Boogie about some of the secret weapons hiding in their crate.
Read the whole interview here.
Check out what Pitchfork had to say about our February Guest:
“Gerry Read is just 20 years old. But it would be wrong to call him “precocious” or an “upstart”; for the most part, the British producer stays quiet and releases tracks. His relative anonymity– press photos obscure his face; if he’s on Twitter it’s a really good disguise– and steady release schedule have a lot more in common with the old Chicago and Detroit heads than the current generation of UK producers.”
“Credit the aggressive samples or the distinct friction created when Read pushes those drums against them. Jummycloses with “Sidecar”, a ghostly, pale piece that that screams “album closer!” Its formless, dim neon proposes that Read has bigger ideas for an R&B hook than a great house track. But right now, Read is full of great, idiosyncratic house tracks and Jummy is packed with them.”
You can read the rest of their review here. If you’ve already been vibing to Jummy like we have don’t forget to RSVP to his US debut on the 22nd. You can also cop advanced tickets for a reduced price here.
See you in the rave cave!
Want a shot at some free tickets to our blowout with Julio Bashmore tomorrow? Head over to VIBE.com to see the details!
As a companion to his killer mix for them Rem Koolhaus sat down with Percussion Lab for a brief interview. Read it here and don’t forget to stop by our B2B2B2B2B2B session with them at The Counting Room this Saturday.
Ahead of a series of interviews on the art of the opening DJ, Beatport commissioned a slew of warm up playlists from the likes of Bok Bok, Ghosts on Tape, Low Limit, and our boy Contakt.
Peep Contakt’s collection or the whole list over at Beatport.
XLR8R wrote a nice n’ tidy roundup of the performances they curated for the Incubate Festival, including those by Contakt, Rem Koolhaus and our buddy boy Ghosts on Tape.
You can read it in full right here at XLR8R, unless you’re into squinting at the screengrab. I mean that’s cool, you gotta do you.
After our big day out at MoMA PS1′s Warm Up Rem Koolhaus put together “One Bitchin’ Summer” mix for culture pros Opening Ceremony.
1. Homework – Hold me Tight [Exploited]
2. DJ Duke – Can You Feel It [Power Music]
3. Viadrina – Better (Arto Mwambe Remix) [Pets Recordings]
4. Chez Damier – 2 1/2 Step [KMS]
5. Chez Damier – Help Myself (Carl Craig Remix) [KMS]
6. Serani – No Games (Brackles remix) [unreleased]
7. T. Williams – Heartbeat (Paul Woolford remix) [Local Action]
8. Skream – Where You Should Be (Doc Daneeka remix) [unreleased]
9. Ghosts On Tape – White Shadow [unreleased]
10. Martyn – Masks [forthcoming Brainfeeder]
Peep the mix and a brief interview with Mr. Koolhaus riiight HERE!
Mirror Download Link (b/c the original download link reached it’s maximum) HERE.
San Francisco mainstay S. F. Station interviewed Rem Koolhaus about TURRBOTAX® and our trip to San Francisco to play the Dirtybird & XLR8R Holiday Party next week. The mix rammed full of new and exclusive tracks from Bok Bok, Julio Bashmore, Playmode and more, so head on over to read to the interview and download the mix.
01. Basic Soul Unit – “Night Heat” (Fred P Reshape) [Mule Music]
02. Playmode – “Is It Enough” [forthcoming Exploited]
03. Scott Grooves – “La Riddum” [Clone]
04. Julio Bashmore – “Battle For Middle You” [forthcoming PMR]
05. Don Morris – “In Da Groove” (Bok Bok remix) [forthcoming Deep Teknologi]
06. DJ MA1 – “Tribes of Africa” [Karnival]
07. Braiden – “The Alps” (Kaseem Mosse fix) [Doldrums]
08. Jamie George – “Flying Saucer” (Roska remix) [Roska Kicks & Snares]
09. D-Bridge – “ZX81″ (Shed Remix) [Fat City]
Download Rem Koolhaus’ S. F. Station mix HERE.
Read Rem Koolhaus’ S. F. Station Interview HERE.
See you in San Francisco NEXT SATURDAY!
- Contakt –